We all know that it is not so easy for parents to choose the perfect size kid shoes. For this reason, we have decided to provide some information to help you get the shoe size right. More importantly, we have provided some sizing charts to help you make the right decision
Because each shoe company makes kid shoes based on different standards of measurements, it is wise to use specific sizing chart for the brand of shoes that you are buying. Most brands have printable size charts. But in case you can’t find one, you can use our printable sizing chart to measure the size of your kid’s feet. Click here for our printable chart.
No worries. You can always improvise. Here are the simple steps to measure your kid’s feet without using a sizing chart. You will need a pen, a ruler and a letter size (8 1/2 x 11 inches) piece of paper to follow these steps.
- Place the paper on the floor. You can tape the paper to the ground temporarily using paper tape.
- Let the kid stand on the paper. Also, press the kid’s foot gently on the paper so that it is flat.
- Draw a line behind the heel and another one just in front of the longest toe. Measure the distance between the lines that you have drawn, preferably in inches.
- Repeat the steps for the other foot and record the measurements.
- Add a tolerance of about ¼” to the measurements, which you have recorded previously. The additional space allows for toe flexing and some level of growth.
- Endeavor to measure both feet. If one foot is longer, use it to select the shoe size.
- Every time you want to buy shoes, measure the children’s feet because their feet grows rapidly.
- If you intend to buy shoes worn with socks, do the measurements with the socks worn by the child.